EQB1000HRS-1A EDIFICE Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula 1 Limited Edition - Free Delivery - 2 Year Guarantee -
This watch has a 2 Year Casio Guarantee which is only available at authorised New Zealand Casio Stockists. We also provide free support instore or by phone/email.
Introducing the second collaboration between EDIFICE, the high-performance metal chronograph timepiece, and Honda Racing.
Honda Racing, which supplies the power units for the Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula 1 team, and EDIFICE are Japanese brands that are constantly meeting the challenges of motor sports on a global scale. Both brands are very much a part of the Formula 1 world-class racing scene, and these new collaboration models were developed in cooperation with the HRD Sakura R&D facility, which develops Honda automotive motorsports technology.
The bezel of the EQB-1000HRS is the first in the EDIFICE lineup to be made of titanium alminide, which is the same material used for the engine valves that are vital components of the Honda Formula 1 power unit. The surface of the EQB-1000HRS bezel is done to the same type of finish as Honda Formula 1 power unit engine valves. The result is a chronograph that is literally equipped with Honda Racing equivalent parts.
Valves must be able to withstand the force of incessant explosions inside the combustion chambers of the engine. At the same time, they must balance the needs of heat resistance, hardness, and low inertia weight in order to achieve the reciprocating motion that at times can reach speeds of more than 100 times per second. Titanium alminide not only makes this possible, its light weight and durability also make it optimal for a quality timepiece such as EDIFICE. The same diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating that is applied to harden the interior of the combustion chamber of a Honda Formula 1 engine and protect it from wear is also used for the bezel of the EQB-1000HRS, providing it with a highly scratch-resistant finish. The nylon band of this model has Kevlar® inserts, and its red coloring matches that of the Honda Racing identity colouring*.
EQB-1000HRS features red and black gradations on their faces to capture the image of the instant that a spark ignites the fuel inside an engine cylinder.
The base model of this new timepieces is the high-spec, slim EQB-1000 chronograph. Bluetooth® Smartphone Link, a Tough Solar power system that enables charging even by exposure to fluorescent light, and chronograph timekeeping all come packed into a configuration that is a mere 8.9 mm thin. The result is an amazingly powerful timepiece that is thinner and lighter, and that provides a more comfortable fit to the wrist.
Phone Linking enables a host of useful motorsports features and functions, including highly accurate timekeeping, simple selection from among 300 World Time cities, transfer of 200 lap time records from the watch to the phone, recording of times in units of 1/1000 of a second, and more. Formula 1 races are conducted under strict rules of session punctuality while facing unpredictable conditions that include inclement weather, crashes, and more. Time is literally of the essence and needs to be managed with seconds-level precision, so teams are constantly fighting the clock to avoid penalties incurred if mechanics exceed the allotted time on the grid at the beginning of a race. World Time capabilities are also essential because Honda Racing Formula 1 engineers need to take part in 21 races around the globe while maintaining contact with their R&D team in Japan.
This new limited-edition model was developed through close cooperation between EDIFICE and Honda Racing.
* DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- 2 Year Casio Guarantee which is only available at authorised New Zealand Casio Stockists.
- 3 Months No Payments and Interest for Q Card holders
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel / Titanium alminide material
- Genuine Leather/Cloth Bands
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- Black ion plated case
- Ion plating is one of the most advanced surface finishing processes in the trade. In traditional processes, the gold coating on the surface of the case can be rubbed off easily. Ion plating makes the gold plating more durable, more wear resistant, and also has a higher brightness.
- DLC Coating bezel
- Black IP
- This watch is pressure rated at 100 metres or 10bar. This makes it suitable for water sports and wearing in the surf. No Watch should be used in hot water - Spa's showers etc as the hot water expands the air inside the watch breaking the seals and then when it cools it will drag in moisture into the watch movement.
- Tough Solar (Solar powered)
- Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
- Dual time (Home city time swapping)
- 1-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 23:59'59
- Others: Flyback, direct timing start from the timekeeping mode, last lap indicator
- Daily alarm
- Power Saving (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date display
- Day indicator
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second), 4 dials (24-hour, day, dual time hour and minute, dual time 24-hour)
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no mobile link function)
- Approx. battery operating time:
- 5 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 19 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 49.9×45.6×8.9mm
- Total weight : 64g
|Water Resist||100 Metres|
The pricing shown on this web site may differ from instore. RRP is the manufacturers recomended price and our normal price instore. If the RRP is crossed out but not on SALE the lower price represents our normal online only pricing.
Items marked as SALE and items on our Specials page reflect various promotions where the price is lower than RRP or our normal online price and these are for a limit time. SALE items may be available instore but may not be available at all our stores. They are available online though. Quantities will be limited.
If you want to purchase a SALE item instore then its best to confirm availability first before travelling to your nearest store.