Terms & Conditions
- Shipping is not Free. Someone has to pay for this. At Christies we will pay for this if your order is over $40 and the item is not returned to us for a refund. If the item is returned then our shipping and restocking costs will apply.
Cancellation of Orders
- If you simply change your mind after placing the order we are happy to cancel your order. Simply return the order confirmation email and request a cancellation, as soon as possible, and a full refund will be actioned.
- Please note that the majority of orders are dispatched within a few hours of ordering so to cancel an order we need to hear from you as soon as possible.
- Orders will be cancelled if we cannot supply the item required and a full refund will be issued.
- Payment does not constitute that an order has been made until Christies accept the order after payment is completed. Christies reserves the right not to accept an order and a full refund will be issued.
Return of Products purchased from this web site.
At christies we want your online shopping experience to be a pleasure without any perceived risk by you. We are happy to exchange or refund within 30 days purchases made online under most conditions;
- Where you have simply changed your mind, you have 30 days from the date of the product is dispatched to return the products back to us. We will credit your Payment Authority with an amount equal to the cost of the Products less our freight and packaging costs in sending the original order.
- Christies will not issue credit in cases where packages are not delivered due to non-payment of fees, refusal or abandonment.
- If multiple items are purchased and 1 or more are returned a restocking charge of $15 may apply.
- Guarantee's from returned items cannot be reused. Tissot now charge $50 for replacement Guarantees and Seiko/Pulsar/Lorus charge $15. There is a cost of $10 for Casio guarantee's. These cost will be deducted from your refund.
- We do not accept returns outside of New Zealand. This is because of the costs of customs brokerage fees and taxes on re-entry back into NZ.
- Refunds will only be made to the original purchaser through the payment Authority where the original purchase was made.
- Where the Products are faulty or damaged we will either replace the Products or repair the product under our guatantee.
- All Products returned must be returned in their original unused condition along with swing tags, packaging and any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the Products. All CD ROMs and software must be returned unopened.
- Products can not be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged, altered or sized. This includes rings sized at your request, at the time of purchase, as we will not resell a ring to another customer after it has already been sized.
- Wrap the Product securely and send return it to us together with the invoice which accompanied the Products to the Christiesstore that dispatched your order.
- We do not refund or exchange items that have been specifically custom made for you e.g. a wedding ring made to order, or been sized to your requirements etc.
- All returns are to be sent to the store that dispatched the item. This is on your receipt. All returns are at your cost.
- Where the Products arrived damaged by the delivery company, immediately contact the delivery company. Within 24 hours email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org stating the nature of the damage (i) Wrap the Product securely and send return it with the invoice which accompanied the Products to the Christies store that dispatched your order.
- Problems regarding your order? - You may contact us at mailto:email@example.com quoting the order number or call us on +64 06 825 6117.
- All Jewellery items will be accompanied with a 5 year written guarantee against manufacturing defects.
- Manufauring defects do not include normal fair wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.
- All Watches will be accompanied by their respective manufacturers guarantee.
- All Gemstones specifications shall equal or exceed the specifications stated.
- Christies Jewellery DO NOT use synthetic gemstones unless stated in the specifications for that product. Diamonds are guaranteed to be diamonds.
- Christies Jewellery do not sell counterfeit branded watches or jewellery.
- Everything that Christies sells to you is guaranteed by the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Christies Jewellerydoes not provide any express guarantees (as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) other than those expressly confirmed by us in writing.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 except to the extent permitted by that Act.
- The pricing shown on this web site may differ from instore. RRP is the manufacturers recomended price and our normal price instore. If the RRP is crossed out but not on SALE the lower price represents our normal online only pricing.
- Items marked as SALE and items on our Specials page reflect various promotions where the price is lower than RRP or our normal online price and these are for a limit time. SALE items may be available instore but may not be available at all our stores. They are available online though. Quantities will be limited. If you want to purchase a online SALE item instore then its best to confirm availability first before travelling to your nearest store.
- The price you accept on payment is the fixed price. Prices can vary after purchase due to various factors such as the NZ dollar, Supplier costs or promotional Price. If the price increases after purchase we will not ask for the extra amount and vice versa if the price drops there will be no refund of the difference.
- Credit card payments will be made via DPS Payment Express an innovative global leader in payment technology. Providing PCI DSS compliant payment solutions under the Payment Express brand, certified with all major card schemes. This is our preferred option.
- Prices do not include any import fees, duties, tariffs or other any other charges associated with importing the Products to any country other than New Zealand. Be aware that there may be extra costs incurred on entry depending on the customs requirement of the country involved. Any additional charges made at point of entry to a country are the purchasers responsibility.
- Prices are charged in NZ Dollars. Currency conversion on the site is subject to the bank rate on the day the credit card is charged (day of dispatch). This will vary between credit card companies and Banks. Credit card companies may also charge a currency conversion charge which varies between Banks and countries. The currency conversion shown on the site is shown as guidance only using the current exchange rate but does not represent a Banks "Sell" rate which will vary by country and bank in accordance with their policies..
- The instock notification on the web site indicates thats the items was either in store or in stock with our suppliers within the previous few days. Our stores are not connect to the Web site database so an item can sell out instore before our web site is updated, especially over a weekend. We will notify you ASAP if an item is out of stock.
- We are unable to accept Insurance claim invoices for purchases online. All Insurance purchases must be made instore and Insurance claims are always at the items RRP or non discounted price
- Christies are responsible for delivery to the address supplied. They are not resposible if the address supplied is incorrect. Delivery is to the address and not the person that the order is addressed to. Christies is not resonsible if the item is signed for on receipt of the courier by any other person other than the adressee.
- Please allow plenty of time for delivery if you need the order by a special date. There is a chance of delays in the mail systems at Christmas and other peak times. Couriers require at least 48 hours to deliver during the working week MONDAY to FRIDAY.
Online Gift Vouchers are to be redeemed online. They can be used instore but prior arrangement has to be made as they are not recorded instore.
Christies provide the option to pay via OXIPAY. We do charge a commision to use this service to partially recover costs we are charged by Oxipay. This is a once only charge and is not a reacurring interest charge. Oxipay charge nothing, as long as each of your payments reaches OXIPAY by the due date. This commision is not related in any way to OXIPAY other that a charge to use this payment method by Christies. If you do not want to pay this commision please use another payment option.