Terms & Conditions
- Shipping is not Free. Someone has to pay for this. At Christies we will pay for this if your order is over $40 and the item is not returned to us for a refund. If the item is returned then our shipping and restocking costs will apply.
Cancellation of Orders
- If you simply change your mind after placing the order we are happy to cancel your order. Simply return the order confirmation email and request a cancellation, as soon as possible, and a full refund will be actioned.
- Please note that the majority of orders are dispatched within a few hours of ordering so to cancel an order we need to hear from you as soon as possible.
- Orders will be cancelled if we cannot supply the item required and a full refund will be issued.
- Payment does not constitute that an order has been made until Christies accept the order after payment is completed. Christies reserves the right not to accept an order and a full refund will be issued.
If the purchase is being made by Lay-Buy then the buyer shall agree to the term and conditions
of the Christies Lay-Buys.
Return of Products purchased from this web site.
At christies we want your online shopping experience to be a pleasure without any perceived risk by you. We are happy to exchange or refund within 30 days purchases made online under most conditions;
- Where you have simply changed your mind, you have 30 days from the date of the product is dispatched to return the products back to us. We will credit your Payment Authority with an amount equal to the cost of the Products less our freight and packaging costs in sending the original order, which currently is NZD$10.00 for NZ orders.
- If multiple items are purchased and 1 or more are returned a restocking charge of $10 may apply.
- Guarantee's from returned items cannot be reused. Tissot now charge $50 for replacement Guarantees and Seiko/Pulsar/Lorus charge $15. These cost will be deducted from your refund.
- We do not accept returns outside of New Zealand. This is because of the costs of customs brokerage fees and taxes on re-entry back into NZ.
- Refunds will only be made to the original purchaser through the payment Authority where the original purchase was made.
- Where the Products are faulty or damaged we will either replace the Products or repair the product under our guatantee.
- All Products returned must be returned in their original unused condition along with swing tags, packaging and any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the Products. All CD ROMs and software must be returned unopened.
- Products can not be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged, altered or sized. This includes rings sized at your request, at the time of purchase, as we will not resell a ring to another customer after it has already been sized.
- Wrap the Product securely and send return it to us together with the invoice which accompanied the Products to the Christiesstore that dispatched your order.
- We do not refund or exchange items that have been specifically custom made for you e.g. a wedding ring made to order, or been sized to your requirements etc.
- All returns are to be sent to the store that dispatched the item. This is on your receipt. All returns are at your cost.
- Where the Products arrived damaged by the delivery company, immediately contact the delivery company. Within 24 hours email mailto:email@example.com stating the nature of the damage (i) Wrap the Product securely and send return it with the invoice which accompanied the Products to the Christies store that dispatched your order.
- Problems regarding your order? - You may contact us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the order number or call us on +64 06 825 6117.
- All Jewellery items will be accompanied with a 5 year written guarantee against manufacturing defects.
- Manufauring defects do not include normal fair wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.
- All Watches will be accompanied by their respective manufacturers guarantee.
- All Gemstones specifications shall equal or exceed the specifications stated.
- Christies Jewellery DO NOT use synthetic gemstones unless stated in the specifications for that product. Diamonds are guaranteed to be diamonds.
- Christies Jewellery do not sell counterfeit branded watches or jewellery.
- Everything that Christies sells to you is guaranteed by the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Christies Jewellerydoes not provide any express guarantees (as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993) other than those expressly confirmed by us in writing.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to have the effect of contracting out of the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 except to the extent permitted by that Act.
- The pricing shown on this web site may differ from instore. RRP is the manufacturers recomended price and our normal price instore. If the RRP is crossed out but not on SALE the lower price represents our normal online only pricing.
- We are unable to accept Insurance claim invoices for purchases online. All Insurance purchases must be made instore and Insurance claims are always at the items RRP or non discounted price
- Christies are responsible for delivery to the address supplied. They are not resposible if the address supplied is incorrect. Delivery is to the address and not the person that the order is addressed to. Christies is not resonsible if the item is signed for on receipt of the courier by any other person other than the adressee.
Lay-Buy Terms and Conditions:
Storage and Identification of Lay-Buy Products
Product’s on Lay-Buy will be set aside and stored separately to other products. Products will be clearly identified as ‘Lay-Buy contract’ products by a number or some other identification. For Items that are custom made such as rings or gold product, manufacture will not commence until payment is made in full.
Cancellation of Lay-Buy by Buyer
The buyer may cancel their Lay-Buy agreement form at any time prior to the dispatch of products. After the Product has been dispatched the Christies Return Policy shall apply.
Cancellation of Lay-Buy by Seller
The seller under a Lay-Buy must not cancel it unless – The buyer breaches a term of the Lay-Buy
If the item is returned after the completion of the Lay-Buy then the return is subject to the Christies Return Policy. If the Lay-Buy is cancelled before completion then there is a cancellation fee equal to NZD$15.
Christies shall not charge the customer any interest charges, membership fee or service fee on any Lay-Buy sales transaction. Lay-Buy Financial Solutions Pty Ltd trading as www.lay-buys.com charge an admin fee, which is a once-off 0.9% of the total order value at checkout. The buyer will pay this amount to Lay-Buys at checkout at time of paying the down payment. This fee is an admin fee and is therefore not refundable.
Christies will only dispatch the buyers product/s after receiving the final installment payment of thel Lay-Buy. This is not a finance scheme where you pay a deposit and receive the goods and continue making payments after receiving the order.